In 2006, Mike Kubic and Rudy Garriga met while working on the first high-performance electric drive system for mass production at Tesla Motors.
Mike and Rudy shared engineering backgrounds. Mike earned advanced degrees from Carnegie Mellon University and Stanford University, and Rudy from the University of California, Berkley. Getting back together after their time at Telsa, they realized they had the opportunity to create a disruptive technology for the emerging electric drive market.
In mid-2008, the pair formed Clean Wave Technologies in the heart of Silicon Valley. Their goal was to provide high-power density, compact, efficient, reliable, and cost-effective AC induction electric drive systems for the mass market. After nearly a decade of research and development, they have achieved their goals with a portfolio of mass market electric drive systems.
As innovators and entrepreneurs, Mike and Rudy have complementary experiences and abilities. Mike has more than 25 years of experience in strategic product development, operations and business management, and enterprise leadership, as well as specific technical expertise in the design and manufacturing of complex high-power electromechanical systems. Throughout his career, Mike has influenced numerous leading technology developments in electric vehicles, wireless telecommunications, aerospace, and defense.
Rudy has more than 35 years of experience in technology innovation, product development, and engineering management. He is an expert in machine design, electromechanical systems, and materials science, in addition to manufacturing operations, strategies, and processes. Rudy has also successfully run his own consumer products company—Slick 7 Products—for the past three decades, as the world’s leading supplier of high-performance electric motors and components for the competitive slot car racing market.
- Clean Wave China breaks ground to a 25,000 m2 factory in Jiaxing, Zhejiang, China
- Clean Wave headquarters moved to new Silicon Valley headquarters
- Clean Wave expands global marketing and sales
- Minth Group Ltd. establishes a joint venture agreement with Clean Wave Technologies
- China-based Minth Group Ltd. became the first car parts maker to receive permission from China’s top economic planner to produce electric vehicles
- Delivering production drive systems to customer for high-performance electric sports cars
- Delivering Vehicle-to-Grid (V2G) bi-directional charging systems to customer for plug-in hybrid electric trucks
- Undergoing UL certification of Vehicle-to-Grid (V2G) bi-directional charging systems
- Drive system products tested to ISO 16750, 11452 and 7637 international standards
- Delivered first production drive systems to customer for plug-in hybrid electric trucks
- Began development of Vehicle-to-Grid (V2G) bi-directional charging system
- Developed initial pilot production line for our electric drive system products
- Moved into new headquarters facility in Mountain View, California
- Developed production versions of our electric drive system products
- Raised Series A round of financing
- First patents granted for our technology
- First customer program
- Company formed
- Mike Kubic and Rudy Garriga meet